Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Tonight's the night....

Well, tonight would be the night if I wasn't so damned lazy today. The plan was to give Hubs a Beej and make a cake. Instead, here I am eating half a can of Redi-Whip atop a slice of 3 day old Banana Cream Pie directly out of the pie pan, drinking bourbon on the rocks out of a sippy cup without the lid, and trying to pretend that I don't have 43 loads of laundry to do tomorrow.

So just in case the rest of you are not as lazy as me, my intended cake recipe:

Screw You Sara Lee, This Cake Kicks Your Cake's Ass Pound Cake

3 cups sugar
8 oz. Ultra Creamy unsalted butter (I like Plugra or KerryGold)
6 eggs
3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sour cream (full fat, now is not a time to pussy foot around with that low fat stuff)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. GOOD vanilla extract

Cream sugar and butter until fluffy and roughly doubled in volume. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Sift flour, salt and baking soda together. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients a little at a time, alternating with sour cream, and ending with sour cream (I usually add about 1/4 of the flour, and 1/4 of the sour cream at a time). Add vanilla and beat well. Batter will be very thick and fluffy. Bake in a greased and floured tube pan at 325 degrees for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool in pan until you can comfortably handle barehanded. Invert, serve, and tell Sara Lee to suck it.

11 comments:

  1. LMAO!!!! This is so perfect. I really hope you keep this format, I would read it every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister and her DBF bought sippy cups specifically for that purpose...now their drinks can't be spilled ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I <3 banana cream pie and bourbon! I'll have to try them together next time! Loving the format too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man I love pound cake. I have to try this next time FIL is coming for dinner. <3 you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I need a set of sippies just for DH and I :)

    I have used a lidless sippy to get a drink of water when it is in the drainboard, but no alcohol yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh pound cake! I'm trying this recipe for the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is a Beej what I think it is?!?! LMFAO!!!

    ReplyDelete